Attendance at Ridgeway Farm CE Academy
At Ridgeway Farm, we know that there is a clear relationship between pupils’ achievement and their level of attendance at school. The staff and Academy, alongside the Trust, firmly believe that all pupils benefit from regular attendance. We want all pupils to achieve the very best they can and for this they need to be in school regularly.
- To this end we will do all we can to encourage parents/carers to ensure that the children in their care achieve maximum possible attendance and that any problems that prevent full attendance are identified and acted on promptly.
- The School will provide a current attendance figure for each child at parent consultation meetings during the year and provide a Certification of Registration for the school academic year with each child’s annual report.
Central to raising standards in education and ensuring all pupils can fulfil their potential is an assumption so widely understood that it is insufficiently stated – pupils need to attend school regularly to benefit from their education. Missing out on lessons leaves children vulnerable to falling behind. Children with poor attendance tend to achieve less in both primary and secondary school. Excellent attendance ensures our children access a full and rich curriculum alongside their peers enabling them to thrive and achieve their full potential.
As with attendance, even missing small portions of the school day quickly builds up:
• 5 minutes late every day = 3 days lost over a year
• 10 minutes late every day = 6 days lost over a year
• 15 minutes late every day = 10 days lost over a year
• 20 minutes late every day = 13 days lost over a year
The School Day at Ridgeway Farm for Reception to Year 6
The classroom doors will open at 8:40am. Registration will then begin at 8:45am, all children in the classroom at 8:45am will be marked as present, and children arriving between 8:45am and 8:55am will be classed as late. Children arriving after 8:55am will be marked with an unauthorised absence unless there is proof of a medical appointment. Afternoon registers are taken at 1pm and the school day ends at 3:15pm.
If your child is not going to be in school please ensure you have notified the school office by 8:55am and provided the reason for absence. If you have not notified the school of why your child/children are absent, we will contact you by telephone or door stop visit to ensure the safety of the child/children. We value and appreciate your support in notifying us as soon as possible.