Download and read our the 2021 Pupil Premium Strategy and Review below. Impact will be reviewed throughout the year.
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers. It is designed to address inequality by giving every school and teacher the resources they need to help their most disadvantaged pupils, allowing them the freedom to respond appropriately to individual circumstances.
When making decisions about using pupil premium funding it is important to consider the context of the school and the subsequent challenges that this presents. Common barriers for FSM children (eligible for free school meals) can be less support from home, poor language and communication skills, lack of confidence, behavioural difficulties and attendance and punctuality issues. The challenges are varied and therefore each child’s situation is unique. Our key objective in using the pupil premium is to ensure that all children attain to the best of their ability. We believe it is unacceptable for children’s success to be determined by their social circumstances. We intend to raise levels of achievement for all disadvantaged pupils and to close the gap between disadvantaged children and their peers
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any e.g these benefits:
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment & Support Allowance
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit & have an annual gross income (assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
If you think that your child is entitled to receive free school meals and they are not registered, please click HERE for more information, phone us on 01793 677471 or come into the school office for more information.
Mrs Luce is the contact for parents of those children in receipt of Pupil Premium and will be able to give you more information about how they are being supported in school.